Morris Arboretum

Connecting people, plants, and place.

Collection Connection at Morris Arboretum

John and Lydia Morris Sculpture

Map



title image
Created by: Michael B. Price (American, b. 1940)
Material: Everdur silicon bronze, 1981

Gift of Philip and Muriel Berman

Over a hundred years ago, the horticulturists and civic leaders John T. Morris and his sister Lydia T. Morris established a garden and summer home here. To ensure that future generations would have access to the site and its botanical treasures, they willed these 166 acres to establish a public Arboretum. In 1981, Philip and Muriel Berman commissioned sculptor Michael Price to create posthumous portraits of its founders. Price first researched historical photos to determine the Morris's appearances. Next he created their likenesses in full-size clay figures. To create these bronze statues, he used the classic lost-wax process of metal casting.

Location Map for John and Lydia Morris Sculpture   MAP HELP  

More Garden Features

American Bull Azalea Meadow Compton Café Cotswold Sheep Cottage Garden English Park The Dorrance H. Hamilton Fernery Garden Railway Gates Hall Gift Shop Greenhouse Herb Garden Holly Slope Japanese Hill & Water Garden Key Fountain Log Cabin Long Fountain Lydia's Seat Magnolia Slope Gayle E. Maloney Garden and Marble Fountain Marble Fountain Mercury Temple and Grotto Oak Allée Orange Balustrade Out on a Limb Pennock Flower Walk Emergency Telephone Picnic Area Pump House Restrooms, Seasonal Restrooms Rose Garden Rock Wall Rose Garden Seven Arches Springhouse Step Fountain Summerhouse Pavillion Swan Pond Three Tubes Two Lines Variable Vending Machines Drinking Fountains Widener Visitor Center Wi-Fi

Powered by Web-VQF

Sponsored by

Close
 
Print Close